Podcast: Download (Duration: 27:56 — 38.4MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Email | | More
Ayahuasca , also commonly called yagé (//), is a psychedelic brew made out of Banisteriopsis caapi vine in combination with various plants. It is mixed with the leaves of Chacruna or other dimethyltryptamine (DMT)-containing plant species. The brew, first described academically in the early 1950s byHarvard ethnobotanist Richard Evans Schultes, who found it employed for divinatory and healing purposes by the native peoples of Amazonian Peru, is known by a number of different names.
It has been reported that some effects can be felt from consuming the caapi vine alone, but that DMT-containing plants (such as Psychotria) remain inactive when drunk as a brew without a source of monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) such as B. caapi. How indigenous peoples discovered the hallucinogenic properties of the plants used in the ayahuasca brew remains unclear. Many indigenous Amazonian people say they received the instructions directly from plants and plant spirits.
People who have consumed ayahuasca report having spiritual revelations regarding their purpose on Earth, the true nature of the universe as well as deep insight into how to be the best person they possibly can. This is viewed by many as a spiritual awakening and what is often described as a rebirth. In addition, it is often reported that individuals feel they gain access to higher spiritual dimensions and make contact with various spiritual or extra-dimensional beings who can act as guides or healers.
Author Don Jose Campos claims that people may experience profound positive life changes subsequent to consuming ayahuasca. Vomiting can follow ayahuasca ingestion; this purging is considered by many shamans and experienced users of ayahuasca to be an essential part of the experience, as it represents the release of negative energy and emotions built up over the course of one’s life. Others report purging in the form of nausea, diarrhea, and hot/cold flashes.
This is Taylor Marie – We discuss Ayahuasca in this episode.
From Taylor’s blog:
“I am a traveler of the Universe — physical and non. I share my journeys openly with the world on my YouTube channel.
I love psychedelic experiences and I use them to gain a deeper understanding of myself and the world around me. They have healed me in countless ways.
I think what draws people to my videos is the fact that I am raw, honest, and real. I’m not into pretending, and bullshit stinks, so why would I dish it out? So that’s kind of my trademark thing in a way I guess. Openness and honesty. Keep it real, otherwise what’s the point?”
Please show us some love on stitcher/itunes by leaving us a review!
CALL US on our new number! 586-89-HUMAN
FIND TRANSCRIPT HERE
Other Episodes You May Enjoy
- February 13, 2015Episode 14 – Robert Bruce – PPSD (Part 2)
- June 1, 2022Episode 175 – Sevan Bomar on Timing & Flow, Mind+Body+Soul, Blockchain Technology *REPOST*
- February 22, 2020Episode 161 – Dr. Dean Radin – The Science of Spirituality, Yoga and Meditation. Experiments in Quantum Reality
- September 12, 2019Episode 143 – Dr. Joe Vitale – Reality Creation, Law of Attraction, Relationships, Overcoming Fear
- August 15, 2019Episode 139 – A Drink With Dr. Dennis Mckenna – Part 2
- August 8, 2019Episode 138 – Chris Bennett – Ancient Cannabis, Gnosticism, Eco-Humans
- May 13, 2019Episode 127 – Graham Hancock on The Key to Earth’s Lost Civilization, America Before
- October 23, 2018Episode 123 – A Drink With Dr. Dennis Mckenna: Plants, Ecology, Ayahusca
- May 4, 2018Episode 112 – Sevan Bomar on Timing & Flow, Mind+Body+Soul, Blockchain Technology, and MORE
- June 22, 2015Episode 38 – Raghu Markus
- June 14, 2015Episode 37 – Mr. Dick Sutphen
- February 11, 2015Episode 13 – Robert Bruce – PPSD (Part 1)
- August 1, 2022Episode 181 – Wim Hof – The Iceman – Ice water for healing, Igniting natural power *Classic*
- July 18, 2020Episode 172 – Consciousness, Science and Metaphysics – w/ Dr. Rupert Sheldrake