Podcast: Download (Duration: 1:29:17 — 122.6MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Email | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | Spotify | | More
Rak Razam is the world’s leading ‘experiential’ journalist, writing about and helping shape the emergence of a new cultural paradigm in the 21st century.
Author of the critically acclaimed book Aya Awakenings: A Shamanic Odyssey and the companion volume of interviews, The Ayahuasca Sessions (www.ayathebook.com), he is a frequent lecturer on ayahuasca and the shamanic revival sweeping the West. He wrote, produced and co-directed the groundbreaking new visionary documentary Aya: Awakenings (www.aya-awakenings.com) and he leads ayahuasca retreats in Peru: http://www.aya-awakenings.com/retreats
He has been hosting dynamic speaking engagements, panel facilitation and lectures across Australia and North America at conferences, transformational festivals and other events for the past five years, weaving together the New Age, counter-culture and progressive thought. He has been called one of the “leading spokespersons for the new paradigm”.
In this episode we discuss moving past the memetic architecture Terence McKenna established; the absorption of the psychedelic experience into the mainstream and the dangers inherent in that; the value of psychoactives to re-awaken the soul exactly at the time we need a higher perspective; and the role of mother earth as a macro organism we are embedded within and need to work in synergy with her. Is the next wave of psychonautica the harnessing of our own endogenous neurochemicals to reclaim our full potential? How does the Western ayahuasca movement spearhead a planetary religious impulse? What is the purpose of life and how can we work with it?
FIND TRANSCRIPT HERE
Find Rak here:
Other Episodes You May Enjoy
- February 13, 2020Episode 160 – Plant Medicine, Ayahuasca, Healing Trauma/PTSD From Shock to Awe w/ Matt Kahl
- December 26, 2019Episode 153 – Carlos Tanner – Healing Trauma/PTSD – Plant Medicine, Ayahuasca
- October 23, 2018Episode 123 – A Drink With Dr. Dennis Mckenna: Plants, Ecology, Ayahusca
- March 14, 2020Episode 163 – Medicinal Mycology, Neurogenesis, Psychedelics, Kundalini Awakening w/ Clint Ginn
- April 3, 2017Episode 91 – “A Drink With Dr. Dennis Mckenna” (Plant dynamics, Macro-Ecology)
- March 13, 2017Episode 89 – James W. Jesso – Psilocybin, Plant Medicine, Deconstructing the Ego & Surrender
- November 20, 2016Episode 79 – Jeffrey Bronfman – União do Vegetal (Union of the Vine: Ayahuasca)
- March 30, 2016Episode 52 – Brad Burge
- May 1, 2015Episode 29 – Dennis Mckenna Ph.D.
- January 24, 2020Episode 157 – Conquering Fear, Addiction & Alcoholism, w/ Karla Juvonen
- January 17, 2020Episode 156 – Mantak Chia – How to Find Inner Balance, Connecting with your Purpose, Chi, Energy, Prana
- January 9, 2020Episode 155 – Stuart Lichtman – Mastering Emotions, Achieving the Impossible, The Art of Success
- October 17, 2019Episode 147 – Dr. Christopher Bache – Navigating the Mind of The Universe
- August 15, 2019Episode 139 – A Drink With Dr. Dennis Mckenna – Part 2