Podcast: Download (Duration: 49:14 — 67.6MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Email | | More
A coronal mass ejection (CME) is a massive burst of gas and magnetic field arising from the solar coronaand being released into the solar wind, as observed in a coronagraph.
Coronal mass ejections are often associated with other forms of solar activity, most notably solar flares or filament eruptions, but a broadly accepted theoretical understanding of these relationships has not been established. CMEs most often originate from active regions on the Sun’s surface, such as groupings ofsunspots associated with frequent flares. Near solar maxima, the Sun produces about three CMEs every day, whereas near solar minima, there is about one CME every five days.
Impact on Earth
When the ejection is directed towards Earth and reaches it as an interplanetary CME (ICME), the shock wave of the traveling mass of solar energetic particles causes a geomagnetic storm that may disrupt Earth’s magnetosphere, compressing it on the day side and extending the night-side magnetic tail. When the magnetosphere reconnects on the nightside, it releases power on the order of terawatt scale, which is directed back toward Earth’s upper atmosphere.
Solar energetic particles can cause particularly strong aurorae in large regions around Earth’s magnetic poles. These are also known as the Northern Lights (aurora borealis) in the northern hemisphere, and the Southern Lights (aurora australis) in the southern hemisphere. Coronal mass ejections, along with solar flares of other origin, can disrupt radio transmissions and cause damage to satellites and electrical transmission line facilities, resulting in potentially massive and long-lasting power outages.
Humans at high altitudes, as in airplanes or space stations, risk exposure to relatively intense cosmic rays. Cosmic rays are potentially lethal in high quantities. The energy absorbed by astronauts is not reduced by a typical spacecraft shield design and, if any protection is provided, it would result from changes in the microscopic inhomogeneity of the energy absorption events.
Clark Stewart has been researching the sun’s impact on earth for more than a decade. In this episode we go over how the sun affects our lives on all levels.
From Clark’s Work:
Mayan Rosetta Stone is a functioning algorithm that was discovered within the harmonics of the long count calendar.
This algorithm is rooted in time and synchronizes with geophysics, solar physics, neurophysiology, I.e. Geo Helio coupling. This is a model to show how the sun-earth energy affects consciousness, biology, climate, economics, etc.
FIND TRANSCRIPT HERE
Other Episodes You May Enjoy
- July 18, 2020Episode 172 – Consciousness, Science and Metaphysics – w/ Dr. Rupert Sheldrake
- July 25, 2019Episode 136 – Dr. Bernardo Kastrup – Philosophy, The Nature of Reality
- May 23, 2019Episode 129 – Dr. Rupert Sheldrake, Science and Spiritual Practices
- January 23, 2015Episode 10 – Brian Foster – The Case for Reincarnation
- July 5, 2022Episode 179 – Randall Carlson – Human Origins, Asteroid Impacts, and Cosmic Patterns *repost*
- June 9, 2020Episode 170 – Unlock your Superhuman Memory & Learning w/ Mattias Ribbing
- March 20, 2020Episode 164 – COVID19, End of the Kali Yuga? Space Origins, Dimensional Physics w/ Richard C. Hoagland
- March 14, 2020Episode 163 – Medicinal Mycology, Neurogenesis, Psychedelics, Kundalini Awakening w/ Clint Ginn
- February 28, 2020Ep#162 – Willpower, Focus, Attention, Optimizing Your Life & Becoming Indistractable w/ Nir Eyal
- February 22, 2020Episode 161 – Dr. Dean Radin – The Science of Spirituality, Yoga and Meditation. Experiments in Quantum Reality
- October 17, 2019Episode 147 – Dr. Christopher Bache – Navigating the Mind of The Universe
- October 10, 2019Episode 146 – Dr. Cliff Pickover – Artificial Intelligence, Futurism, Machine Consciousness
- October 3, 2019Episode 145 – Dr. Will Cole – Inflammation, Sleep, Living Healthy
- September 19, 2019Episode 144 – John Assaraf – Goal Setting, Fear conquering, unlocking your brain for success