Podcast: Download (Duration: 56:59 — 78.3MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Email | | More
Tim Urban is one of the most talented, bright-minded individuals specializing in creating long form content on the internet today. He is the writer/illustrator and co-founder of the blog Wait But Why, where he writes in-depth posts on a wide range of topics, from why we procrastinate to why artificial intelligence is scary to why we haven’t seen any signs of aliens. His blog has reached astronomical proportions with its readership – started in 2013, it now has over 350,000 email subscribers, and over a million people visit the site each month. Tim’s Ted Talk on procrastination is one of the most hilarious, insightful talks ever given, it has reached over 5million views.
Wait But Why (WBW) is a site founded by Tim Urban and Andrew Finn and written and illustrated by Tim Urban. The site covers a range of subjects as a long-form blog.Content has been syndicated on The Huffington Post, Lifehacker, as well as being referenced on other sites.
In this episode we spoke to Tim about his personal routine, how he crafts ideas, we get into his process of writing; We discuss how he cultivates creativity and how important it is to be authentic in a page-view based internet and so so much more.
FIND TRANSCRIPT HERE
This episode will give you a very exclusive look into the mind that is Tim Urban
In June 2015 Urban landed an exclusive set of interviews with Elon Musk after Musk reached out and asked Urban if he’d be open to writing about his companies and their surrounding industries. In the interviews, Urban and Musk discussed the importance of sustainable transport, solar energy, and the future of space exploration.
You can find Tim’s write-up on Elon Musk HERE.
Find Tim and his content engine here: www.waitbutwhy.com
Help keep HXP ad free! If you value our content help sustain and grow our show. Become a supporter for 5$/mo (the price of a cup of coffee) or DONATE :
My most humble regards to Tim for being on the show
Other Episodes You May Enjoy
- August 1, 2022Episode 181 – Wim Hof – The Iceman – Ice water for healing, Igniting natural power *Classic*
- June 27, 2022Episode 178 – Mark Manson – The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck *repost*
- December 10, 2018Episode 125 – Mark Manson – The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck
- September 17, 2018Episode 121 – Mr. Stephen K. Hayes – The First American Ninja
- September 4, 2018Episode 120 – Richard Grant – American Nomads, Wanderlust, Van Life
- May 28, 2018Episode 114 – Wim Hof on Breathing Techniques, Human Performance & Breaking World Records
- March 21, 2018Episode 110 – Rob Bell on Success, Money vs Happiness, Creativity and Living in the moment
- August 22, 2017Episode 102 – Kasper Van Der Meulen on Human Performance, Writing, Teaching and much more
- May 7, 2017Episode 94 – Danielle LaPorte – on Empowering yourself, Authenticity, & Success
- February 26, 2017Episode 88 – Jamie Wheal – Flow States, Creativity, Consciousness (Co-Author: Stealing Fire)
- February 13, 2017Episode 87 – Oren Klaff – Pitch Anything (Billionare Pitch-man Oren Klaff, teaches how to: Pitch Anything!)
- December 5, 2016Episode 81 – Daniel Pinchbeck – How Soon Is Now?
- October 31, 2016Episode 77 – Wim Hof – The Iceman
- October 18, 2016Episode 76 – Mark Manson – The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck