Podcast: Download (Duration: 1:03:34 — 87.3MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Email | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | Spotify | | More
Dennis Mckenna P.hD. has been doing research in the field of ethnopharmacology for over 30 years. He is a researcher, scientist, author, lecturer and founding board member of ethnopharmacology at the Hefter Research Institute.
Dr. McKenna received his Master’s degree in botany at the University of Hawaii in 1979. He received his doctorate in botanical sciences in 1984 from the University of British Columbia, where he wrote his dissertation entitled: “Monoamine oxidase inhibitors in Amazonian hallucinogenic plants: ethnobotanical, phytochemical, and pharmacological investigations”.
Dennis and his brother, Terrence Mckenna, through their work, research, science and exploration have forever changed the way we view plant medicine for society and the world.
Dr. McKenna’s memoir, The Brotherhood of the Screaming Abyss about his and his brother Terence’s life and journeys together, was published in 2012. A compelling account of the Mckenna Brothers, their lives their journeys and their adventures.
Click this image to purchase the book
In this episode, we dive through Dr. Mckenna’s perspective; sharing the story of his life and his thoughts of some of the things regarding his brother Terrence Mckenna’s work. We discuss the nature of reality, psychedelic experiences and how these medicines are transforming and shaping plant medicine as we know it.
FIND TRANSCRIPT HERE
Value our content? Support our show by becoming a member:
Other Episodes You May Enjoy
- April 3, 2017Episode 91 – “A Drink With Dr. Dennis Mckenna” (Plant dynamics, Macro-Ecology)
- October 23, 2018Episode 123 – A Drink With Dr. Dennis Mckenna: Plants, Ecology, Ayahusca
- October 3, 2019Episode 145 – Dr. Will Cole – Inflammation, Sleep, Living Healthy
- February 13, 2020Episode 160 – Plant Medicine, Ayahuasca, Healing Trauma/PTSD From Shock to Awe w/ Matt Kahl
- March 18, 2015Episode 20 – Dr. Paul Offit
- March 14, 2020Episode 163 – Medicinal Mycology, Neurogenesis, Psychedelics, Kundalini Awakening w/ Clint Ginn
- July 5, 2015Episode 40 – Dr. Rick Strassman – DMT: The Spirit Molecule
- July 11, 2019Episode 135 – Dr. Peter Sjöstedt-H – Metaphysics, Science, Consciousness and Psychedelics
- March 13, 2017Episode 89 – James W. Jesso – Psilocybin, Plant Medicine, Deconstructing the Ego & Surrender
- December 26, 2019Episode 153 – Carlos Tanner – Healing Trauma/PTSD – Plant Medicine, Ayahuasca
- June 28, 2015Episode 39 – Dr. Marco Iacoboni
- May 30, 2019Episode 130 – Dr. Steve Stewart-Williams, The Ape That Understood The Universe
- March 20, 2015Episode 21 – Rak Razam
- August 15, 2019Episode 139 – A Drink With Dr. Dennis Mckenna – Part 2