Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Email | Google Podcasts | | More
DAWSON CHURCH PhD –
The Power of Intention
Dawson Church is a health writer and researcher who has edited or authored a number of books in the fields of health, psychology, and spirituality. His principal works are The Genie in Your Genes (www.YourGeniusGene.com), which reviews the research linking consciousness, emotion, and gene expression (USA BookNews “Best Health Book”), and Mind to Matter (www.MindToMatter.club), which examines the science of peak mental states. He has published many scientific papers in peer-reviewed journals, collaborating with scholars at various universities on outcome studies of posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD), depression, and anxiety. He is the editor of the peer-reviewed journal Energy Psychology: Theory, Research, and Treatment (www.EnergyPsychologyJournal.org) and general manager of Energy Psychology Press, which maintains a research bibliography and case histories at EFT Universe (www.EFTUniverse.com), one of the most-visited alternative medicine sites on the web. He is a blogger for the Huffington Post and science columnist for Unity magazine.
In his undergraduate and graduate work at Baylor University, he became the first student ever to graduate from the academically rigorous University Scholar’s program in 1979. He earned his doctorate in Integrative Healthcare at Holos University under the mentorship of neurosurgeon Norman Shealy, MD, PhD, founder of the American Holistic Medical Association. After an early career in book publishing as editor then president of Aslan Publishing (www.aslanpublishing.com), Church went on to receive a postgraduate PhD in Natural Medicine, as well as clinical certification in Energy Psychology (CEHP certification #2016). Church and Shealy coauthored the book Soul Medicine (www.SoulMedicine.net), which surveys the role of consciousness in medicine from the earliest times to the modern day. In 2007, Church founded the National Institute for Integrative Healthcare (www.NIIH.org), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit institution dedicated to education and research on evidence-based healing modalities. He has worked with over a thousand pain clients, with average symptom reductions of 68% , and co-developed the Skinny Genes program which results in long-term weight loss.
In 2008 the National Institute for Integrative Healthcare initiated the Veterans Stress Project (www.StressProject.org), a clearinghouse to connect veterans suffering from PTSD with energy therapy practitioners. Over 20,000 veterans and family members have received counseling through the Project, and Church has twice been invited to testify before US Congressional committees on his work. Church is a former president of the Family Connection, one of 53 nonprofits named as Points of Light by President Bill Clinton, and is also a member of the Transformational Leadership Council. Books on which he has worked have won over two dozen awards, including Best Health Book (Independent Press Awards) and Best Science Book (USA Booknews Awards). He has been quoted in USA Today, CNN, BBC, the Los Angeles Times, San Francisco Chronicle, Parenting, and many other national media.
Other Episodes You May Enjoy
- September 18, 2014Episode 1 – Brad Yates – Emotional Freedom Techniques
- June 8, 2015Episode 36 – Mr. Graham Hancock
- May 8, 2016Episode 56 – Alex Grey & Allyson Grey
- October 24, 2017Episode 104 – Dr. Dan Siegel on Stress, Irrational Fears, Mindfulness and more
- November 15, 2014Episode 5 – Dr. Roger Nelson – Global Consciousness Project
- May 1, 2015Episode 29 – Dennis Mckenna Ph.D.
- November 28, 2016Episode 80 – Bonnie Greenwell Ph.D – The Kundalini Guide
- August 14, 2016Episode 69 – Robert Waggoner – Lucid Dreaming
- March 18, 2015Episode 20 – Dr. Paul Offit
- March 13, 2017Episode 89 – James W. Jesso – Psilocybin, Plant Medicine, Deconstructing the Ego & Surrender
- July 17, 2016Episode 65 – Rick Strassman M.D. – DMT: The Spirit Molecule
- August 7, 2016Episode 68 – Moran Cerf Ph.D. – The Razor’s Edge of Neuroscience
- January 29, 2017Episode 86 – Tom Bilyeu – Conquering the Mental Game (Founder: Quest Nutrition)
- December 23, 2014Episode 8 – Lance Ferguson – Skywatch