Podcast: Download (Duration: 1:04:16 — 147.1MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Email | | More
DAWSON CHURCH PhD –
The Power of Intention
Dawson Church is a health writer and researcher who has edited or authored a number of books in the fields of health, psychology, and spirituality. His principal works are The Genie in Your Genes (www.YourGeniusGene.com), which reviews the research linking consciousness, emotion, and gene expression (USA BookNews “Best Health Book”), and Mind to Matter (www.MindToMatter.club), which examines the science of peak mental states. He has published many scientific papers in peer-reviewed journals, collaborating with scholars at various universities on outcome studies of posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD), depression, and anxiety. He is the editor of the peer-reviewed journal Energy Psychology: Theory, Research, and Treatment (www.EnergyPsychologyJournal.org) and general manager of Energy Psychology Press, which maintains a research bibliography and case histories at EFT Universe (www.EFTUniverse.com), one of the most-visited alternative medicine sites on the web. He is a blogger for the Huffington Post and science columnist for Unity magazine.
In his undergraduate and graduate work at Baylor University, he became the first student ever to graduate from the academically rigorous University Scholar’s program in 1979. He earned his doctorate in Integrative Healthcare at Holos University under the mentorship of neurosurgeon Norman Shealy, MD, PhD, founder of the American Holistic Medical Association. After an early career in book publishing as editor then president of Aslan Publishing (www.aslanpublishing.com), Church went on to receive a postgraduate PhD in Natural Medicine, as well as clinical certification in Energy Psychology (CEHP certification #2016). Church and Shealy coauthored the book Soul Medicine (www.SoulMedicine.net), which surveys the role of consciousness in medicine from the earliest times to the modern day. In 2007, Church founded the National Institute for Integrative Healthcare (www.NIIH.org), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit institution dedicated to education and research on evidence-based healing modalities. He has worked with over a thousand pain clients, with average symptom reductions of 68% , and co-developed the Skinny Genes program which results in long-term weight loss.
In 2008 the National Institute for Integrative Healthcare initiated the Veterans Stress Project (www.StressProject.org), a clearinghouse to connect veterans suffering from PTSD with energy therapy practitioners. Over 20,000 veterans and family members have received counseling through the Project, and Church has twice been invited to testify before US Congressional committees on his work. Church is a former president of the Family Connection, one of 53 nonprofits named as Points of Light by President Bill Clinton, and is also a member of the Transformational Leadership Council. Books on which he has worked have won over two dozen awards, including Best Health Book (Independent Press Awards) and Best Science Book (USA Booknews Awards). He has been quoted in USA Today, CNN, BBC, the Los Angeles Times, San Francisco Chronicle, Parenting, and many other national media.
Other Episodes You May Enjoy
- May 3, 2019Episode 126 – Massimo Pigliucci – Stoicism, Virtue & thriving in a world out of control
- August 10, 2015Episode 42 – Will Johnson
- September 19, 2019Episode 144 – John Assaraf – Goal Setting, Fear conquering, unlocking your brain for success
- September 12, 2019Episode 143 – Dr. Joe Vitale – Reality Creation, Law of Attraction, Relationships, Overcoming Fear
- September 5, 2019Episode 142 – Dr. Daniel Amen – Diet, Nutrition, Brain Imaging, Defeating Depression
- September 4, 2019Episode 141 – Dr. Steven C. Hayes – Psychology, Tools for controlling Anxiety, Panic, Negativity
- May 30, 2019Episode 130 – Dr. Steve Stewart-Williams, The Ape That Understood The Universe
- January 29, 2017Episode 86 – Tom Bilyeu – Conquering the Mental Game (Founder: Quest Nutrition)
- August 7, 2016Episode 68 – Moran Cerf Ph.D. – The Razor’s Edge of Neuroscience
- July 31, 2016Episode 67 – Jonah Berger M.D. – Invisible Influence
- June 26, 2016Episode 63 – Gabor Maté M.D. – When The Body Says No
- June 5, 2016Episode 60 – Norman Rosenthal M.D. – Super Mind
- February 9, 2016Episode 46 – Mr. Peter Panagore
- December 19, 2014Episode 7 – Paul Linn – Vipassana Meditation